Saturday 14 March 2015

SOME CARDS FOR YOUR PERUSAL!

It's been a chaotic and frustrating last couple of years in StudioForty...there's been a bit of tweaking to the layout of my studio and then when all was ready for me to move back in and start work again, we got a huge wasp nest problem so I had to up sticks and move out while it was all sorted.

It's all clear now, well...for now I say tentatively as there are no assurances wasps will not return this year! We live in an area that these pests seem to like and many houses around here have suffered nests on an off for years. Anyway I've learnt more than enough about wasps than I really wanted, yes they are fascinating...but NOT when they are in my studio....and I'm not going to bore you all with the details (if you follow me on facebook you will know what it was all about and had to put up with my regular rants of anger at being ousted from my workplace by these darned insects)...

Anyways, I'm slowly starting to get back into making jewellery and artwork but for now those designs are staying firmly underwraps and I'll not be blogging about them until they are ready for sale...

so....to pass some time I thought I'd share some of my handcrafted cards I've made...recent ones and from past forays into this lovely little hobby. They are not for sale, I don't take commissions for cards anymore, but thought it nice to show you and give a few details on what I used, how I made them. I won't be posting  any tutorials by me...but will add links to other sites if I think they'll be useful for you.

Hope you enjoy and find todays card share interesting...and hope you stick around... there's more to come!

'MOM' Birthday Card

 
 
This is a simple card created using two cutting processes....by manual die cutting machine, and by electronic cutting machine. The paper used is by MemoryStor - a lovely set of heavy weight double sided 12x12 papers purchased from Costco. Being strong enough to fold and stand alone, I used the main pattern as the base card stock and created a wrap of plain co-ordinating yellow. It is edged both front and back with Spellbinders 'Fleur de lis Accents' and finished with black velvet ribbon. The flower embellishment with black scrolls are again, Spellbinders dies - Shapebilities 'Carnation Creations' and 'Floral Flourishes'  as is the main central piece - Labels Ten. The word 'mom' was cut using my Cricut electronic machine. Some little gems and a gem set brad in the centre of the flower are the final additions. I have some more photos of the back and close up details...as soon as I find the files, I'll add them here.
 
METAL EMBOSSED BIRTHDAY CARD
 
 
This card is from a few years back when I first started making cards. Sadly can't remember whose paper I used, but it is a plain black card stock, matted and layered with silver card and then coloured piece which I inked, distressed and over stamped with various stamps from my collection. The main central piece is embossed silver craft metal, using Ten Second Studio embossing plates, wrapped over a square of mount board, formed into a frame and inset with an image from Crafty Individuals image sheets (no longer available). It was rubbed over with black acrylic paints to give a patina effect which enhances the embossed areas.
 
 
 
 
 
 
XXX Ange XXX
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment