Monday 13 April 2015

CARD SHARE DAY! plus link to Poppy flower tutorial.

Hi all!

StudioForty is closing it's doors and taking a little break while I concentrate on setting up and opening my new webshop...ooohhhh the excitement lol ;) ! So, this will be my last card share and tutorial for a week or so...

and after that I'll hopefully be back to share not only more cards but also artwork and items for sale!

So please keep popping by and keeping an eye out...and I'll also be updating progress and details on my Facebook page. For those of you on Facebook, my page can be found by clicking on the link at the top left of this blog page....would love you to stop by, 'like' and say hello.

Anyways...on to the card share.....

This one is once again tied in with a paper Flower TUTORIAL which can be found by clicking on the link under the following image
 
...and here's the card I am sharing with you which was made using the completed flower from the tutorial.
For this card I wanted to include a fair bit of fancy foliage embellishment and framework to keep it pretty and elegant...but wanted the Poppy to obviously be the main focal point. In order to achieve this and not have the flower become lost amongst the 'fancy' I opted to use just one coloured card for the additional die cuts and card base...so the texture is there which the brain registers, but the eye is kept focused on the stunning red flower. I used a soft elegant ivory coloured card stock because white was too harsh and stark against the red and used a thin mat and border of red just to tie all together and visually keep the card base and floral piece connected together. It's not easy to see in this photo, but there is also a double embossed line running horizontally near the base of the card just to take the plainness off it. The card base measure 19x7cm and is landscape with the spine/crease at the top.
The frame, on which the flower is mounted, is cut using Spellbinders Floral Ovals dies with a centre mat of a plain oval Nestabilities die. The foliage dies are various ones from Memory box and Die-namics. A few gems set into the frame and into the corners of the card stock add a bit of shine and glitz to finish it all off.
 
I hope you have enjoyed looking at this card and will try the die set and tutorial out...would love to know what you think....please keep in touch and I'll be back soon...hopefully with lots of lovely news to share with you.
 
 
 
XXX Ange XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment